The purpose of the Alliance on Aging and Vision Loss is to strive to improve the well-being of adults experiencing vision loss:
- Through a representative national membership organization primarily of people who are blind or visually impaired;
- By advocating for the improvement of the social, economic and cultural status of adults with vision loss;
- By providing support, information and consultation to adult blind and visually impaired individuals;
- By supporting education awareness and adult rehabilitation programs for the blind and visually impaired;
- By cooperating with public and private institutions and agencies of and for the blind and visually impaired;
- By providing for the free exchange of ideas, opinions and information relative to matters of interest to adults who are losing vision through the publication of an accessible newsletter and other types of material;
- By encouraging adults losing vision to realize their potential and assume their role as valued members of the community.